If you’re planning a Hawaii vacation any time in 2017, following are our best tips on when to buy cheap flights to Hawaii:
Cheap Flights to Hawaii Year Round. When to Buy is based on the following:
1. Which season will you be traveling is perhaps the most important in terms of when to buy. Each season has its own suggestions with peak travel periods requiring a very different approach.
2. How determined are you to take a Hawaii vacation. If you wait and the price target you have in mind doesn’t materialize, are you willing to change plans and vacation elsewhere?
3. How flexible are your travel dates? Day of week and even time of day will in part determine both availability and price.
4. Can you accept a deal that isn’t at the rock bottom price? Sometimes the deal that is available now can be the best option. That’s true even when it isn’t the absolute lowest price, as better Hawaii vacation deals may or may not materialize later.
5. Do you have time to keep watching for cheap flights to Hawaii? Monitoring for the absolute lowest of cheap flights to Hawaii can be quite time consuming to say nothing about aggravating. If you read the comments you’ll hear from people who have missed out by waiting.
Winter 2017 low season travel. We have already published multiple sales for winter 2017 travel and those will continue throughout the season. This had traditionally been an expensive time of year. In 2016, however winter prices moderated, and with added competition and prices we have already seen, the same applies to winter 2017.
Spring 2017 low season travel. Some good fares have already been released, so it isn’t to early to start watching. Generally speaking, spring airfare sales start in the preceding fall and winter.
Spring break and peak summer 2017 high season travel. When traveling at spring break and during peak summer, it is best to buy tickets as far in advance as possible due to lack of deals and limited availability. Tickets are available 330 days in advance.
Fall 2017 low season travel. Fall airfare sales begin in spring and continue through summer and into fall. Availability is good so wait for best deals to buy.
Thanksgiving 2017 high season holiday travel. When traveling at Thanksgiving, it is best to buy tickets either far in advance or at the last minute. For last minute cheap flights to Hawaii at Thanksgiving, data suggests early November to book remaining last minute availability at the lowest price. That was the case again in 2016. Otherwise, the best window of opportunity begins around January 1 due to seasonal high demand and limited holiday availability.
Christmas/New Years 2017 high season holiday travel. When traveling at the holidays, it is also best to buy tickets either far in advance or at the last minute. If you’re looking for last minute cheap flights to Hawaii for a Christmas/New Years vacation, you should start to look during Thanksgiving week, Black Friday, Cyber Monday and thereafter for any remaining last minute availability. Otherwise, the best window of opportunity begins each year at the end of January for the same reasons as with Thanksgiving.
Tip: At Beat of Hawaii we have our fishing net out to catch Hawaii vacation deals for you. We’ll reel them in and be first to let you know when they appear. You save time, and money. Please subscribe to our free mail or to our Facebook updates. Then stay tuned and act quickly on announced availability.