Thanks for your comments. We greatly appreciate them. Below is our new comment policy updated August 24, 2020.
* A “please” or “thanks” is required for a reply.
* No profanity, rudeness, personal attacks, or bullying. Stay on travel – not politics.
* No links or UPPER CASE text.
* No duplicate posts or using multiple names.
* Use a real first name.
* Comments edited/published at our sole discretion.
* Beat of Hawaii has no relationship with our commentors.
Thank you for your comments, which have created a rich tapestry of ideas and information.
We find ourselves in an increasingly challenging and passionate environment here in Hawaii. One that we would have never anticipated frankly.
Beat of Hawaii does not agree with all of the comments but we don’t want to slant approval of comments to those that share our views either. There is considerable value in hosting comments which express different points of view, and we hear that from readers on a regular basis.
We have removed “no politics” from our comment guidelines because the current environment has a significant political component that appears unavoidable. On the other hand, comments that are primarily of a political nature are likely to be deleted. This is a travel website.
We do not have any relationship with visitors who leave comments.
Comments that not comply will hereafter be deleted. No exceptions.
Thanks for your understanding and help.
Aloha and Mahalo from Rob and Jeff.