We are always excited to see airlines add new Hawaii flights and especially when it is one of the legacy carriers. More flights result in better deals overall.
Over the past years, legacy airlines like American have taken a back seat to Hawaiian Airlines and Alaska Airlines, as those companies ramped up their direct-to-island competitive services. This new service will come at about the same time as carriers start to take delivery of their new Hawaii fleets, enabling more flights from more mainland cities starting early in 2018. Stay tuned for more on that soon.
The new American Airlines flights being added effective December 15, 2017 are as follows:
Dallas to Lihue Nonstop
– Daily from December 15, 2017 through January 7, 2018 and February 15 through April 2, 2018.
– Operated on 767-300 aircraft
– Could be extended depending on how successful it is.
Los Angeles to Honolulu Nonstop
– Currently 6 daily nonstops. Flights 143/144 will be upgraded from A321 to B772.
Phoenix to Honolulu Nonstop
– Currently 2 daily nonstops. Flight 692 will be upgraded from B757 to A333.