With less luggage being the way to go, finding those perfect and right-sized Hawaii souvenirs for you and your loved ones is a must. There are many products made in Hawaii that you still cannot get on the mainland as well as things made elsewhere that have the look and feel of Hawaii.
If you have found interesting Hawaii souvenirs to bring home that can pack easily and not add much weight to luggage, be sure to post them below.
The Best Hawaii Souvenirs – 17 Ideas To Get You Started
- Flat Rate Priority Mail boxes from USPS are economical and come in handy should you run out of space. You can send from any local post offices. Another suggestion is to pack a collapsible nylon duffle for the trip home.
- Longs, Costco, Wal-Mart, ABC Store and Macys usually offer a large selection of local products and gifts at reasonable prices.
- Craft Fairs and Farmers Markets make great stops on all the islands and help support local Hawaii artisans. We’re blessed with a plethora of artists who create everything from honey to jewelry, jams and baked goods to sculpture. One of our favorite farmers markets is the large Saturday market at Oahu’s Kapiolani Community College.
- T-Shirts make great gifts. I’ve also purchased Crazy Shirts for years and they last virtually forever. Tip: You’ll often find deeply discounted seconds at the Ward Center Crazy Shirt store.
- Hawaiian Music CD’s and MP3’s are light and can help you dream of Hawaii during a cold winter. Great gifts too even if you forget to purchase then when you’re in Hawaii.
- Buy Hawaiian clothes that you can enjoy both here on your trip as well as when you get home. Examples include slippers (flip-flops), shirts, pareos, bathing attire and more. They’ll be all the more meaningful at home and can help bring your Hawaii vacation back to life.
- Post cards can turn into nice stationery cards. Wal-Mart usually sells these for a quarter or less. Or consider turning a key chain into a holiday ornament.
- Coffee. Locally grown coffee is available on Kauai, Maui, Molokai and Oahu.
- Crack seed. This local favorite is also a Beat of Hawaii top pick. An endless supply of choices and places to acquire them. We wrote about crack seed recently.
- Hawaii calendars. Keep the islands in your heart or a friend’s all year long. Available for under a dollar at Long’s and Wal Mart.
- Place mats and coasters. Grill local island fish and serve it on colorful Hawaii style designs.
- Hawaiian Salt. Add to your favorite foods at home, these include salt rubs with guava and other delights.
- Soaps from Hawaii. Found at local markets and specialty stores, the fragrances of coconut, plumeria and hibiscus will take you back to paradise.
- Hawaiian Heirloom Jewelry with beautiful and enduring designs.
- Hawaii luggage tags. If you’re a return visitor, this will get you thinking about your next Hawaii vacation.
- Reusable shopping bags. Show up at your local grocery market at home with a colorful bag from the islands.
- Hawaiian Fabric. Great for making seat cushions or other uses at home.
Please comment below with your ideas and tips. What’s your favorite or unusual Hawaii souvenir suggestion?