With carry-on luggage being the way to go (at least until airlines decide to charge), finding those perfect and right-sized Hawaii souvenirs for you and your loved ones is a must. If you’ve come up with interesting souvenirs to bring home that can pack easily and not add much weight, be sure to post them below.
Here are some thoughts to get you started:
- Flat Rate Priority Mail boxes from USPS are economical and come in handy should you run out of space. You can send from the Waikiki or Ala Moana Shopping Center post offices. Another suggestion is to pack a small nylon duffel for the trip home.
- Longs and Wal-Mart usually offer a large selection of local food products and gifts at a discount.
- Craft Fairs and Farmers Markets make great stops on all the islands and help support local Hawaii artisans. We’re blessed with a plethora of artists who create everything from honey to jewelry, and baked goods to sculpture.
- T-Shirts from ABC stores and Wal-Mart make nice gifts. I’ve also purchased Crazy Shirts for years and they last virtually forever. You’ll find discounted seconds at the Ward Center Crazy Shirt store.
- Hawaiian Music CD’s are light and can help you dream of Hawaii during a cold winter.
- Buy Hawaiian clothes that you can enjoy both here on your trip as well as when you get home. Examples include slippers (flip-flops), shirts, pareos, bathing attire and more. They’ll be all the more meaningful at home and can help bring your Hawaii vacation back to life.
- Post cards can turn into nice stationery cards. Wal-Mart usually sells for 18 cents each. Or consider turning a key chain into a holiday ornament.
Please comment with your ideas and tips. What’s your favorite or unusual Hawaii souvenir suggestion?
Subscribe to our email updates.