If you didn’t hear the live broadcast, we were featured on Frommers Travel show Sunday. You can listen to the interview here. It’s at the beginning of the broadcast. Arthur and Pauline produce a savvy two-hour national weekly radio show heard in 100 markets.
Arthur and I discussed:
- Summer and Christmas vacation strategies.
- Finding the cheapest airfares.
- Getting the best accommodation deals.
- Where car rentals fit into your planning.
Extended interview on Frommers website:
After recording the interview, Arthur asked me to provide their listeners and readers with our best Hawaii tips which we did not have time to cover on the show. This can be viewed on Arthur’s blog and includes:
- Negotiating your hotel deal.
- Ancillary accommodation fees. These can quickly ruin your good deal, so make sure you check in advance about things like resort and gym fees, late check-out charges, wi-fi, cleaning fees (vacation rentals), and more. One Hawaii 4-star hotel told me they charged higher fees for Priceline guests.
- Important car rental tips. Be careful about lack of availability at peak times.
- Packing to save money.
Lastly, Arthur’s recent book, Ask Arthur Frommer: And Travel Better, Cheaper, Smarter, is one I thoroughly enjoyed. It covers multiple destinations and reflects his 50+ years as the travel guru. Here’s the Amazon link.
Subscribe to our email updates.