The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) has announced that a new four-lane checkpoint will come to the rescue at Honolulu Airport’s Terminal 1, Lobby 3. This change will be effective Saturday, February 18, 2023. Terminal 1 is used exclusively by Hawaiian Airlines. In addition, we have updated operations for TSA at Honolulu Airport below.
It’s useful to take note that some of the checkpoints have long hours, whereas other have either short or as-needed hours, depending on demand and other factors. Also, Terminal 1 TSA Pre-Check will be moving in advance of the change. Here’s what to expect.
Starting this weekend, the TSA Pre-Check will be moved to the Mauka Concourse checkpoint. The old checkpoint will cease to operate on Monday, February 13. Then next weekend, starting February 18, 2023, the new Makai checkpoint will begin operations. It will be in testing for one week before being finalized.
Effective February 26, 2023, the new checkpoint will be open from 4:15 am until 10:30 pm.
Following is the Hawaii DOT map of the new Terminal 1 TSA locations.
Updated information about all TSA checkpoints at Honolulu Airport.
Below and on the following map are the various Honolulu Airport TSA checkpoints and hours of operation effective January 2023. These are subject to change without notice.
- Checkpoint 1 Mauka (1A in the diagram above) is open daily from 4:15 am to 11:00 pm. (subject to change)
- Checkpoint 1 (1B in the diagram above) is open daily from 4:30 am to 10:00 pm. (subject to change)
- Checkpoint 1 dedicated TSA PreCheck is open daily from 4:30 am to 10:00 pm. (subject to change)
- Checkpoint 2 is open on an as-needed basis without regularly scheduled hours.
- Checkpoint 3 is open daily from 4:30 am to 11:30 pm.
- Checkpoint 3 dedicated TSA PreCheck is on an as-needed basis. (Lane 6; 5:15 am to 6:15 am, or as needed, and 2:30 pm to 11:30 pm).
- Checkpoint 4 is open daily from 5:15 am to 9:00 pm.
- Checkpoint 4 dedicated TSA Precheck is open from 5:15 am to 9:00 pm.
- Checkpoint 5 is open on an as-needed basis from 10:15 am to 2:00 pm based on passenger volume.
Images courtesy of Hawaii DOT.
Leave a Reply