This morning’s announcement of new service to Honolulu by Alaska Airlines has already rankled Hawaiian Air while having a beneficial effect for visitors from Southern California. It started early this morning when Alaska introduced their inaugural price of $149. This afternoon, Hawaiian countered with an even lower fare.
Here’s the deal:
- Updated 7/20/11. American and Delta have joined this deal, so do check on their websites as well.
- Cost: $142.20 each way, plus approximately $10 taxes/fees. Reduce the fare by another $25 each way by logging on to your Hawaiian Miles account where you’ll find a $50 e-certificate (shown below).
- Route: San Diego to/from Honolulu
- Airline: Hawaiian Airlines
- Dates: November 1 through December 15, but only through November 17 to take advantage of the e-certificate.
- Availability: Good at this time, but does not include Thanksgiving.
- How to find. Try using a flexible date search tool such as Kayak. You can book through the airlines directly or via any online travel agency (Expedia, Orbitz, etc.).